Henderson NV Restaurant Kitchen Ventilation Specialists
Commercial kitchen ventilation systems present a variety of design and installation challenges. Everything must be seamlessly integrated into the building’s structure without compromising efficiency, ergonomics and safety. The proper installation of commercial ventilation equipment is essential to ensure the system continues to comply with all local, state and national building and fire codes.
Kitchen Ventilation Components
An effective kitchen ventilation system relies on basic physics. The amount of air exhausted must be replaced by an equal quantity of fresh air from outside the building. Every kitchen has different requirements to achieve the proper balance. The most common ventilation system components include:
- Kitchen Hoods: National ventilation codes distinguish between different cooking processes. Smoke and grease must be ventilated in a different manner than heat and moisture. Grease hoods are built and installed to Type I standards while heat and moisture hoods require Type II construction. Grease hoods and the attached ductwork must be liquid tight and incorporate a fire suppression system.
- Exhaust Fans: Exhaust fans come in two basic varieties and are chosen based on design parameters. Upblast fans are usually mounted on walls or rooftops. They are appropriate in applications where interior space is a consideration, and the equipment can be mounted out of the sightline. Utility set exhaust fans are typically installed inline or directly on the roof. Upblast fans are made of aluminum, and inline fans are made of steel. Both fans are capable of exhausting saturated grease vapors.
- Supply Fans: A supply fan is designed to replace 80-90 percent of the exhausted air from the kitchen. In most instances, the supply fan is selected in conjunction with the exhaust fan. Box fans are the most common and can be wall or rooftop mounted. Inline fans are usually installed in the interior of the building. Supply fans include a blower and motor mounted inside a steel or aluminum enclosure.
Kitchen Ventilation Installation Services
The kitchen ventilation installation process requires exceptional skill and an advanced knowledge of air movement dynamics. Ambient Edge has the experience and training required to successfully install and integrate a fully operational commercial kitchen ventilation system.
Our installation technicians are licensed and certified, and they adhere to all applicable local and state building codes. Our design team reviews the project specifications and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the installed system completely satisfies your unique requirements. Our services include:
- Design and installation of kitchen ventilation systems
- Ventilation system repairs
- Removal and replacement of old ventilation equipment
- Custom stainless steel fabrication
The Kitchen Ventilation Experts
Ambient Edge has been the Henderson, NV, kitchen ventilation experts since 2004. Call today for a free estimate and assessment of your existing ventilation system.